The most important thing about daily devotional work is momentum. Most aspirants to spiritual growth stall out in doing daily inner work. The secret is to have something which is appropriate to the goal, short enough to be memorized and adaptable to the changes that occur in daily life.
The form I will recommend today will have the following elements:
1) An opening thought: Let there be light. It should always be our desire to have more light in our spiritual experience. In the absence of a candle just say, “Let there be light”.
2) A prayer to the Father: Masculine aspect of God. This would be the Lord’s Prayer which the Master Jesus taught His disciples as a model prayer. One can say this prayer a phrase at a time and meditate upon each phrase. Once this has been done from time to time as an exercise the prayer will have more dynamism when simply repeated as a whole.
3) A prayer request to The virgin Mary: to recognize the feminine aspect of the Godhead. Some of us might have a problem with the Hail Mary. It is not necessary to be leery of this prayer request. It is a direct Scriptural quote. As Mary was a very important person in the early church. Were she in your church, in the body, one would not hesitate to ask her to pray for us. As it is she is now one of that great cloud of witnesses who are with the Lord (Hebrews 12) and it is very appropriate to request her prayers. And too many who feel overpowered by the seeming over masculine nature of Christian worship may find this prayer comforting.
4) The great invocation: to align yourself with the Divine Plan. This prayer/invocation was given to us by the Master DK in the early 20th century. It is designed to hasten the return of the Christ and the Plan/Will of God. It is very meaningful and empowering to do regularly.
5) Prayers of the people: to intercede and make a change in the world and your local area. This is taken from the traditional prayer books and is a tool to do intercession. It can be omitted when time is short and lengthened when time permits. Say each phrase and then bless it by saying “Lord, Hear Our Prayer”.
6) A close. Either extinguish the candle, leave burning if in a safe setting, or if no candle exists, simply bow outwardly or inwardly and close the session.
THE MEDITATION TEXT:
1) Light a candle and say or think “ Let there be light”.
2) The Lord’s Prayer:
Our Father who art in Heaven, Hallowed be thy Name, Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.Give us this day our daily bread, And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom and the power, and the glory for ever and ever. Amen
3) Hail Mary
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us now and at the hour of our death. Amen
4) The Great Invocation
From the point of Light within the Mind of God
Let light stream forth into the minds of men.
Let Light descend on Earth.
From the point of Love within the Heart of God
Let Love stream forth into the hearts of men.
May Christ return to Earth.
From the center where the Will of God is known
Let purpose guide the little wills of men ~
The purpose which the Masters know and serve
From the center which we call the race of men.
Let the Plan of Love and Light work out. and may it seal the door where evil dwells.
Let Let Light and Love and Power restore the Plan on Earth.
Prayers of the People
I now pray for the Church Universal; for all bishops, priests, and other ministers: and for all who serve, seek, love, and know Thee throughout the world; Lord hear my prayer.
For the President, Congress, and Judiciary of these United States, and all the people of our land; Lord hear my prayer.
For all those who in this transitory life are in trouble, sorrow, sickness, or any other adversity (especially…); speak names; Lord hear my prayer.
Also for those about to enter earth-life through the portal of birth; and for their fathers and mothers to be; Lord hear my prayer.
Likewise do I offer it for all your sons and daughters now released from the earthly body of flesh (especially…) speak names; that freed from earthly toil and care, they may enjoy your Presence, evermore praising you in word and deed. O God, everlasting, worthy and true. Speak names; Lord hear my prayer.
(Prayerfully extinguish candles)
Spiritual Ritual for Meditation
This is another short Spiritual Ritual for Meditation.
I adapted this Ritual from Dr. Peter Roche de Coppens who presented this in the early 1980s at the Light of Christ Annual Conference. It uses making the sign of the Cross and sounding the Om. Otherwise it is like the other meditation listed on this blog.
CHRISTIAN RITUAL OF SPIRITUAL ATTAINMENT and Generation of Love Vitamins.
1) 3x Sign of the Cross to: Awaken Spiritual Centers
2) 3x Sign of Cross to: Cleanse Spiritual Centers
3) 3x Sign of Cross to: Consecrate and fine tune Spiritual Centers for their work.
4) Lord’s Prayer: He gave it, it is the way back to him.
5) Hail Mary: To bring 2nd coming in one’s own Soul.
6) Great Invocation: To bring plan to Earth.
7) 3x Om: To help the man below find the image archetype which is above.